Spike Island Associates is a dynamic network of artists, curators, designers, writers and thinkers at all stages of their careers. Members span multiple disciplines and share a common interest in collaboration, experimentation and a desire to learn new skills and have new experiences.
We programme a year-round calendar of events that are accessible and open to all members. This includes the following activities:
- One-to-one meetings with artists, curators, writers, critics from across the UK and beyond
- Reading and discussion groups
- Skills workshops: pricing and selling your work, fundraising, bookkeeping and finances, computer programmes (SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign), practical skills
- Group crits
- Professional development and coaching sessions
- A variety of talks and study days on topics relevant to the network
- Connectivity meetings with other Associates programmes across the UK
- Away days
Our recent guests include Pio Abad, Chris Alton, Nella Aarne, Larry Achiampong, Maeve Brennan, Amy Budd, Lucrezia Calabrò Visconti, Leah Capaldi, Cairo Clarke, Eoin Dara, Amrita Dhallu, Sean Edwards, Seán Elder, Leyla Fakhr, Mandy Fowler, Ceri Hand, Louise Hobson, Kabir Jhala, Taylor Le Melle, Diego Marcon, Kim McAleese, Jade Monserrat, Harold Offeh, Barnie Page, Shy Bairns, Lucy Stein, Lillian Wilkie.
Spike Island Associates have access to a dedicated workspace in the heart of Spike Island’s bustling building. Open 24/7, the space is fitted with computers, a projector and screen for presentations, photocopier, large open desk area and an ever-growing reference library.
Spike Island Associates strives to be an inclusive network. We have a number of bursaries available for people who are underrepresented in our community and we are always excited to receive proposals for events and workshops from members.