Spike Island Associates is a writers and producers at all stages of their careers. Members span multiple disciplines and share a common interest in collaboration, experimentation and a desire to learn new skills.
We programme a year-round calendar of events for Associates, including:
- One-to-one meetings and group crits with artists, curators, writers and critics from across the world
- Reading and discussion groups
- Skills workshops: pricing and selling your work, fundraising, bookkeeping and finances, digital and practical skills
- Talks and study sessions related to contemporary art practice
- Away days to galleries and artist-led spaces
Join a wider creative network
Associates members learn from experts in the creative industries. Recent guests include:
Marwa Arsanios, Pio Abad, Larry Achiampong, Amy Budd, Lucrezia Calabrò Visconti, Leah Capaldi, Cairo Clarke, Eoin Dara, Amrita Dhallu, Sean Edwards, Seán Elder, Leyla Fakhr, Ceri Hand, Louise Hobson, Kabir Jhala, Taylor Le Melle, Kim McAleese, Jade Monserrat, Harold Offeh, Shy Bairns, Lucy Stein, Lillian Wilkie, Eliel Jones, Rianna Jade Parker, John Eng Kiet Bloomfield, Angela YT Chan, Alice Theobald, Clara Jo, Adham Faramawy, Hannah Wallis, Tako Taal, Alice Channer, Olivia Sterling and Alberta Whittle.
Associates can also connect with communities outside of Bristol through our membership of the a collaboration with Eastside Projects, Birmingham; Primary, Nottingham; and The NewBridge Project, Newcastle.