Volunteer as part of Spike Island Open Studios 2016
We are looking for volunteers to help make this years’ Open Studios a big success! Spike Island Open Studios sees artists and creative tenants throw open their doors for visitors to explore their working environment and learn what they do. Taking place over the first May Bank Holiday weekend, Open Studios hosts a full programme of performances, exhibitions, pop-up kitchens, tours, screenings, and more.
We are looking for volunteers to help at various times across the weekend including supporting artists with specific performances and projects, and helping us to inspire and assist visitors as they explore Spike Island.
Open Studios runs from Friday 29 April, 6–9pm (followed by after party until late); Saturday 30 April, 11am–5pm; Sunday 1 May, 11am–5pm; to Monday 1 May, 11am–5pm.
Deadline for applications: Friday 8 April 2016. Email: Beckie.Upton@spikeisland.org.uk and please let us know why you are interested in volunteering and outline your availability over the Open Studios weekend.
Volunteering at Spike Island
Our team of Volunteers make a significant contribution to the work we do. We are currently inviting applications from individuals who would like to join our Volunteer Invigilator team. We are looking for enthusiastic people who have a keen interest in engaging with contemporary art, interacting with our visitors, and who have a positive and helpful attitude.
Benefits of volunteering at Spike Island:
- Making a significant contribution to the work of Spike Island.
- Network with other creative individuals at special social events.
- Gain valuable work experience within the arts.
- Enjoy exclusive exhibition previews and Q&A sessions with artists and curators.
- Free entry to talks and events.
- Develop your professional skillset through tailored training.
- Further opportunities to lead tours, assist with workshops, and more.
- Apply to longer term placements in specific fields (only offered to current volunteers).
If you have any further questions, please email our Volunteer Coordinator, Beckie Upton at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can only accept applications for advertised vacancies and are not able to accept speculative CV’s for employment.