Spike Island is looking for a friendly, motivated and organised Volunteer Coordinator to join our lively contemporary art and design organisation, based on Bristol’s historic harbourside.
We seek an enthusiastic Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, train and support our team of volunteer gallery invigilators (currently 70 in the team.) Volunteers play a vital role in the everyday running of the public programme at Spike Island.
The role requires someone with excellent communication and people management skills and a passion for volunteering.
The position is offered part time (19hrs per week), at £16,814 - £18,391 p.a. pro rata, dependent on experience.
This contract is offered for a minimum of six months, with possibility of extension up to twelve months.
The deadline to apply is 5pm, Friday 1 July 2016.
Interviews to be held week commencing 11 July 2016.
To apply for this role, please read the job description and person specification documents below and return your completed application form to Isabel Jones, Office and HR Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address below, marking it ‘Private and Confidential’.
Our team of Volunteers make a significant contribution to the work we do. We are currently inviting applications from individuals who would like to join our Volunteer Invigilator team. We are looking for enthusiastic people who have a keen interest in engaging with contemporary art, interacting with our visitors, and who have a positive and helpful attitude.
Benefits of volunteering at Spike Island:
- Making a significant contribution to the work of Spike Island.
- Network with other creative individuals at special social events.
- Gain valuable work experience within the arts.
- Enjoy exclusive exhibition previews and Q&A sessions with artists and curators.
- Free entry to talks and events.
- Develop your professional skillset through tailored training.
- Further opportunities to lead tours, assist with workshops, and more.
- Apply to longer term placements in specific fields (only offered to current volunteers).
If you have any further questions, please email our Volunteer Coordinator, Beckie Upton at email@example.com
We can only accept applications for advertised vacancies and are not able to accept speculative CV’s for employment.