Spike Island seeks a proactive and strategic team player for the role of Operations Manager, to join our lively contemporary art and design organisation.
The post is responsible for the smooth running of our busy building, including operations, maintenance, commercial and technical functions and contractual relationships.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator and effective manager with an intelligent, energetic approach to handling complex demands.
The position is offered full time (35 hours per week) on a permanent contract at £25,484 - £28,637 p.a.
The deadline to apply is Friday 11 November 2016 at 5pm
Interviews will be held week commencing 21 November 2016
Spike Island Technical Pool
Spike Island is seeking Technicians to join our lively contemporary art and design organisation, based on Bristol’s historic harbour side.
We are currently adding to our pool of friendly, motivated and organised technical assistants.
Our technicians play a vital role in supporting our exhibition team to deliver a high quality programme which showcases the work of emerging artists.
- Rates of pay are based upon experience and training, and our next installation period commences on 12 December 2016.
- Joining the pool allows you to be offered work at Spike Island on a casual basis.
- To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by 12pm, Monday 24 October 2016.
- Interviews will be held week commencing 31 October 2016.
Our team of Volunteers make a significant contribution to the work we do. We are currently inviting applications from individuals who would like to join our Volunteer Invigilator team. We are looking for enthusiastic people who have a keen interest in engaging with contemporary art, interacting with our visitors, and who have a positive and helpful attitude.
Benefits of volunteering at Spike Island:
- Making a significant contribution to the work of Spike Island.
- Network with other creative individuals at special social events.
- Gain valuable work experience within the arts.
- Enjoy exclusive exhibition previews and Q&A sessions with artists and curators.
- Free entry to talks and events.
- Develop your professional skillset through tailored training.
- Further opportunities to lead tours, assist with workshops, and more.
- Apply to longer term placements in specific fields (only offered to current volunteers).
If you have any further questions, please email Jules Allen, Volunteer Coordinator (maternity cover) at Jules.Allen@spikeisland.org.uk
We can only accept applications for advertised vacancies and are not able to accept speculative CV’s for employment.
Spike Island is an equal opportunities employer.