Spike Island is looking for a motivated and organised Programme Coordinator to support the Curator(s) and Director in the development and implementation of our artistic programme.
The successful candidate will play an important role in offering effective and reliable administrative support and coordinating Spike Island’s exhibitions and events programme.
You will be an enthusiastic individual with strong communication skills and an interest in contemporary art and design.
The position is offered full time (35 hours per week), at £16,814-£18,391 p.a.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Monday 12 September 2016.
Interviews will be held week commencing 19 September 2016.
Spike Island is an equal opportunities employer.
Please return the completed form by email to email@example.com or by post in an envelope marked ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ to: Isabel Jones, Office and HR Manager, Spike Island, 133 Cumberland Road, Bristol BS1 6UX
Our team of Volunteers make a significant contribution to the work we do. We are currently inviting applications from individuals who would like to join our Volunteer Invigilator team. We are looking for enthusiastic people who have a keen interest in engaging with contemporary art, interacting with our visitors, and who have a positive and helpful attitude.
Benefits of volunteering at Spike Island:
- Making a significant contribution to the work of Spike Island.
- Network with other creative individuals at special social events.
- Gain valuable work experience within the arts.
- Enjoy exclusive exhibition previews and Q&A sessions with artists and curators.
- Free entry to talks and events.
- Develop your professional skillset through tailored training.
- Further opportunities to lead tours, assist with workshops, and more.
- Apply to longer term placements in specific fields (only offered to current volunteers).
If you have any further questions, please email Jules Allen, Volunteer Coordinator (maternity cover) at Jules.Allen@spikeisland.org.uk
We can only accept applications for advertised vacancies and are not able to accept speculative CV’s for employment.