Spike Island Visitor Panel 2014-15
We want to know what you think about Spike Island so we are currently recruiting a panel of visitors drawn from the local community and asking them to visit the organisation four times over the coming year to see our exhibitions, experience Spike Island and then share their thoughts with us. You don’t need to know anything about art or have visited Spike Island in the past: this is an opportunity for us to find out how visitors feel about our organisation and to help us think about how we can do what we do better.
If you are interested in taking part you should:
• Be relatively new to Spike Island
• Not be involved professionally in or studying contemporary visual art
• Live in Bristol
• Be able to attend at least three of the four meetings
Panel meetings will take place at Spike Island on the following Wednesday evenings from 6 to 7.30pm: 8 October, 28 January, 29 April, 29 July. The gallery will be kept open from 5 to 6pm for you to view the exhibitions after which there will be a short questionnaire and an informal conversation for you to give us your feedback.
In return for your generous commitment and valuable input, we are offering the following benefits to panel members:
• Free entrance to all ticketed events at Spike Island from October 2014 to September 2015
• Food and drink at each panel meeting
• Copies of all Spike Island publications produced for exhibitions from October 2014 to September 2015
• A Spike Island canvas bag
• 10% off in Spike Café
• 10% off Spike Island Editions
If you’d like to take part please contact Alex Holroyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 929 2266 to let us know why you’d like to be one of our panel members. Deadline: 12 September